Airport Management, Construction and Modernization Mission to Saudi Arabia
Dammam | Riyadh | Jeddah
December 7-12, 2019
The U.S. Saudi Arabian Business Council along with our partners, the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and the U.S. Department of Commerce is leading a Trade Mission to introduce U.S. manufacturers and service providers in the airport sector to the Saudi market. Companies in airport operations, management, construction, and services are encouraged to apply. These are areas targeted for increased spending by Saudi airport administrators and planners.
Joining the Trade Mission will be 2-3 airport directors from U.S. cities who have recently completed or are now undertaking major airport modernization or expansion programs. The pairing of U.S. public sector project managers and private sector suppliers will present comprehensive American solutions to airport development challenges that will magnify interest in the mission from potential Saudi end users and market partners.
The Market Opportunity
Saudi Arabia is positioning itself to become a global center for transportation and logistics services. With 27 airports and more than 91 million passengers per year, Saudi Arabia’s civil aviation sector is growing at a rapid pace.
The Kingdom’s plans for the sector under Vision 2030 include privatizing and expanding Saudi airports, improving the airport experience for passengers, developing digital infrastructure, and increasing workforce productivity. There are also plans for new cargo terminals, multimodal cargo villages, and hubs.
U.S. companies in the following sectors are invited to apply:
- Airport operations/management companies in car parks, baggage handling, duty-free vending, airside equipment, passenger boarding, catering, concessions and food, facility management.
- IT companies in cybersecurity, airport modernization, smart airport development, airport operation software/hardware, monitoring, and forecasting solutions, Airport Operational Database, Flight Information Display Systems, and business intelligence and predictive analytics solutions.
- Security companies in screening devices and inspection systems, intrusion detection, access control systems, identity management and accreditation, Visual Surveillance System, Security Operation Centers, airport monitoring, security training.
- Cargo/logistics companies in cargo terminal management, bonded zones, and logistics warehouses.
- Aircraft support companies in connectivity, on-board entertainment, catering, safety equipment.
Participants will visit Dammam, Riyadh, and Jeddah, the leading centers of tourism and industry in Saudi Arabia. These cities contain the 3 largest airports in the Kingdom and host the country’s most important companies and government entities relevant to the sector.
Precise meetings and scheduling will be personalized and determined according to each applicant’s needs.
The mission will include:
Dammam, Dec 7-9:
- Meetings with Dammam Airports Company (DACO)
- Relevant site visits and meetings with end-users, channel market partners and other government regulatory agencies.
Riyadh, Dec 9-11:
- Meetings with the Saudi General Authority of Civil Aviation
- Relevant site visits and meetings with end-users, channel market partners and other government regulatory agencies
- Reception with the U.S. Embassy.
Jeddah, Dec 11-12:
- Relevant site visits and meetings with end-users, channel market partners and government regulatory agencies.
- $3,500/one company representative (20% discount for Council Members) (Learn more about membership here)
- $1,000 for each additional company representative
This mission fee includes:
- One-on-One Meetings
- Networking Events
- Group Site Visits
- Group Ground Transport
- Market Briefings
- Visa Facilitation (Consular fees NOT included)
Participants will be responsible for:
- Air Travel
Your application will be reviewed and a status update will be communicated to you promptly. We look forward to welcoming you on the mission and supporting your business objectives for the Saudi market.
Deadline to Submit Application: October 11, 2019
Questions: Will Brodt, Business Strategy Advisor: email@example.com
Sponsor and Supporting Partners: