USSABC Leads 11th Virginia State Mission to Saudi Arabia
On March 3-5, 2015, the U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council (USSABC), in cooperation with the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, led a delegation of 11 companies on a business development mission to Saudi Arabia. The participating companies were engaged a broad range of industry sectors, including logistics services, defense products and training, emergency response, IT services, electronic equipment, and forensics, among others.
The mission program began in Dammam with a series of presentations on the business climate in Saudi Arabia. Following a networking breakfast and remarks from Dr. Basheer Al-Ghuraydh, USSABC Secretary-General and Executive Director, the mission was briefed by representatives from the U.S. Commercial Service and the American Business Association of the Eastern Province. Mr. Ishtiaq Hussein, Senior Commercial Specialist at the U.S. Consulate General in Dhahran, and Mr. Michael Auflick, Project Finance Development Department at Saudi Aramco, provided information on the Kingdom’s economy, business regulations, and best practices. After the briefings, the mission visited the Asharqia Chamber and participated in one-on-one meetings with Saudi companies. The program continued in Riyadh, where participants attended an executive networking reception, hosted by USSABC member Crowell & Moring LLP. Mission delegates also attended a number of site visits to various Saudi organizations. The mission resulted in bring together potential partners and customers for attending representatives and over 125 one-on-one business meetings.
The following Virginia companies participated in the mission:
- Automation Precision Technology (APT) provides logistics services for military, government, and commercial customers. Established in 1986, APT provides supply chain and life cycle management services. Examples of supply chain management include warehouse operations, inventory planning and control, freight forwarding, and logistics automation. Life cycle management services include facility services and maintenance services for vehicles, weapons systems, and more. APT also offers consulting and training services. For more information, please visit www.apt-llc.com.
- Bode Technology Group provides forensic products and services for human DNA collection and analysis. Services include DNA testing, casework analysis, missing persons identification, DNA information database entry, and paternity identification. Bode Technology offers customized training and process validation services, and it manufactures and sells DNA collection and testing kits. For more information, please visit www.bodetech.com.
- Command Post Technologies provides training and cyber/information services. Its training services, which simulate complex real-world tactical operations scenarios, are customized for military and law enforcement customers. Cyber and information services include network vulnerability analysis, forensics on cyberattacks, test & evaluation, program management, and network design. For more information, please visit www.commandposttech.com.
- First Line Technology provides emergency response and operations products for harsh environments. Its customers include military forces, emergency response units, government agencies, and commercial customers such as construction companies. Products include PhaseCore vests, which keep the wearer cool in hot environments without the use of electricity. Its AmbuBus product helps responses that require major medical resource deployments, such as natural disasters, by enabling vehicles to be used for mass casualty transport and medical treatment. First Line Technology also offers FiberTect decontamination products to clean small-scale chemical and biological contamination. For more information, please visit www.firstlinetech.com.
- G3 Systems offers information-based services and solutions in interface design, software engineering, systems integration, data analytics, training development, process optimization, and data migration from legacy systems. Some of G3’s major customers include the U.S. government and military. The company has also worked extensively in a variety of private sector industries, and its services help companies manage tasks and optimize efficiency. For more information, please visit www.g3.com.
- Germane Systems manufactures computers, servers, storage systems, and other electronic devices that are suitable for harsh environment use. It offers products that withstand shock, vibration, and extreme temperatures, and it conducts much of its business with the U.S. Department of Defense. Germane Systems has also partnered with private sector companies in a variety of industries. For more information, please visit www.germane.com.
- Imperatis offers specialty services in defense, security, and information technology. Its three business lines include Cyber Solutions, Vital Missions, and Special Analysis. Cyber Solutions protects information stored in electronic networks. Vital Missions provides training, data analysis, risk management, and process improvement services. Special Analysis offers legal and administrative support services. For more information, please visit www.imperatis.com.
- MAC Aerospace Corporation provides spare parts for military aircraft, weapons systems, radar systems, and armored vehicles. The company also offers logistical support services, including inventory management, procurement services, engineering services, and management of maintenance and repair activities. MAC Aerospace makes certain components and distributes parts made by other companies. For more information, please visit www.macaerospace.com.
- MarkLogic Corporation offers database solutions to help store, manage, and retrieve large amounts of data. Its solutions help companies lower operating costs and improve efficiency by acting as a search engine for databases. MarkLogic’s customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. intelligence agencies, in addition to private companies in many industries. For more information, please visit www.marklogic.com.
- Parker Systems, Inc. provides products for hazardous materials response in marine environments, particularly oil spill containment and cleanup. Its products are designed for small oil spills in inshore waters (within 9 miles of shore) or protected waters such as bays, harbors, and inland lakes. Parker Systems’ products are deployed quickly since they are small and low-cost. The company’s products can also be used to complement other response equipment for larger undertakings. For more information, please visit www.parkersystemsinc.com.
- TASC Management Corporation offers products and software solutions for physical security applications. Some of its products include the Integrated Vehicle Inspection and Security System (IVISS), which inspects the underside of vehicles, and an Automatic License Plate Reader system. TASC Management offers software solutions that control networks of security equipment. The company also offers cyber security solutions and training and certification services. For more information, please visit www.TASCManagement.com.